Connect with us

Metro

54-year-old man abducts, defiles 11-year-old girl in Ekiti

Published

on

Spread the love

54-year-old man abducts, defiles 11-year-old girl in EkitiBy Emmanuel Ani on July 2, 2016

A 54-year-old man, Gbenga Adebayo, has been remanded in prison custody by a magistrate court in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State Capital, for allegedly abducting and defiling 11 -year old Joke Aliu (not real name).
It was gathered that Adebayo lured the girl to follow him to his aged mother’s place in Usi-Ekiti , some 60 kilometres away from Ado-Ekiti, and camped her there for three weeks. He was allegedly visiting her there regularly and sleeping with her.

Meanwhile, in Ado-Ekiti, the same Adebayo was pretending to join the search team for the girl, who were going from one neighbourhood to another to look for her.

According to the girl, Adebayo promised to rescue her from her school teacher with whom she was staying in their apartment in Adebayo area of Ado-Ekiti, on the grounds that the teacher was harsh on her.

“Gbenga Adebayo is my neighbour. He used to ask me to buy things for him. One day he approached me, saying he wanted to help me because my teacher was harsh on me. He said he would rescue me from my teacher and take good care of me. He then took me to his mother’s place in Usi-Ekiti.
” Whenever he comes there, he used to sleep with me. He has done this for 10 times now.

“I was at his mother’s place for three weeks after which I refused to sleep with him again and because of that, he decided to take me to my aunt’s place in Akure. He told my aunt that he found me in his mother’s place in Ushi and decided to help me by taking me to her. He is the first man in my life, ” the girl said.

Speaking on the development, the girl’s other aunt in Ado-Ekiti, Mrs. Theresa Agboola, who disclosed that she (victim) is an orphan, having lost both her parents some years ago, said: “The girl was staying with her female school teacher (name withheld) who lives in a rented apartment behind Olagold, opposite Ekiti State Teaching Hospital, (EKSUTH) in Adebayo area.

”About a month ago, June 5 precisely, the girl’s teacher had called to inform me that she was missing and that the whole occupants in the house, including the suspect, Gbenga Adebayo, were searching for her. That continued till June 29, when my sister from Akure called to tell me that the girl was brought to her by a man whom she identified as the same Gbenga Adebayo. It was then we suspected a foul play.

” We reasoned that if indeed Adebayo was sincere, he cannot be the same man who was part of the search team for the girl for three weeks here in Ado-Ekiti and also be the one who would now take her to my sister’s place in Akure after finding her. We then reported the case to the police who promptly arrested Adebayo and charged him to court. Last Friday, the magistrate court in Ado-Ekiti has remanded him in prison. We also gathered that he has been sleeping with the girl before eventually taking her to his mother, ” she alleged.

Confirming the Development, Ekiti State Police Public Relations Offcer, Alberto Adeyemi, said the suspect has been charged to court with charges of defilement.

54-year-old man abducts, defiles 11-year-old girl in Ekiti

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

Rumour mill fails to grind as CAN debunks fire outbreak at its Ecumenical Center

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Rumour mill fails to grind as CAN debunks fire outbreak at its Ecumenical Center

The rumour that Chritajn Association of Nigeria, (CAN) National Secretariat and National Ecumenical Centre had been set on fire by hoodlums who have hijacked the #EndSARS protests against police brutality could not help yesterday as it was immediately debunked by CAN.

The Christian Association of Nigeria described as fake reports that it’s the Ecumenical center was on fire.
The General Secretary of CAN, Joseph Daramola, responded swiftly to clear every doubt.
He said, “Nothing happened. It’s not true, I’m just coming out of the office. The time now is 08:27pm. I’m just in my car driving back to my house. They said it came from AIT.”

The Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council, Cornelius Omonokhua, also clarified that the report was “a false alarm.”

“It’s not true, it’s a false alarm. As I speak, the General Secretary of CAN is in the office; there’s nothing like that. It’s a false alarm, there’s nothing like that,” he stated.
The rumour mills have been grinding in FCT giving false indication that all is still not well after the #ENDSARS protests.

Continue Reading

Metro

Association reiterates commitment to providing affordable houses for the poor

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Association reiterates commitment to providing affordable houses for the poor

An association that has history of support for the poor in Urban areas has reiterated its commitment to providing affordable housing for people that subscribe.

Secretary of the association Mr. Yusuf Edego said they are working hard to build confidence in their clients after the mismanagement of N200m that affected them gravely recently

He stated this yesterday in Abuja during a press briefing to intimate the public on the association’s effort in giving the group a new image.

He said the association in Support of Urban Poor is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with the aim to providing affordable houses for subscribed members of the Association and the general public.
According to him the former management headed by Mr. James Ugah allegedly defrauded the Association of millions of Naira adding that the matter is pending in court
He explained that those involved were arrested, charged to court and
remanded in Kuje prison for several months for fraud and mismanagement of the association’s funds and the case is ongoing at FCT High Court 11 Jabi.
As part of the repositioning process for the associatio he said it now has a Nine member Registered Board of Trustees (BOT) who were elected at a general meeting chaired by His Royal Highness Emmanuel Kyauta Yepwi.
He said the Board of Trustees (BOT) is the highest administrative body that makes decision to be implemented by the Executive arm headed by the Secretary Barrister Yusuf Zakari Ukpo-Edego who oversees the day to day of administration of the Association.

On how he thinks people will have confidence in the association after the dent on its integrity he said it is the reason for the press conference. “Before we came we have one or two projects on ground that are verifiable that has been executed by the new executive.
“We have acquired twelve hectares at Kurudu that you can verify which you can buy and build your own house.
“Also the public can go to FCDA at the SDD department and meet the director that FEDUP claim they are in partnership with them to build about 167 housing units at Kuje.
“They are verifiable. Then the issue of 30 hectares we just acquired is still in process.
“We have the Family homes Fund which is an agency established by the Federal Government for provision of Social Houses for Nigerians so we are partnering with them by the grace of God they have agreed to sponsor the 30 hectares for the general Public”

PRESS RELEASE BY FEDUP ASSOCIATION FOR THE SUPPORT OF URBAN POOR (FEDUP) ON THE STATE OF AFFAIRS AND THE WAY FORWARD

INTRODUCTION Fedup is the Association for the Support of Urban Poor (FEDUP) is Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is registered wlth the Corporate Affairs
Commission (CAC) with the sole objective to provide social affordable houses for subscribed members of the Association and the general public 

Continue Reading

Metro

#ENDSARS: Women Affairs minister begs mothers to call their children off the streets

Published

on

By

Spread the love

#ENDSARS: Women Affairs minister begs mothers to call their children off the streets

By Doris Ferdinand

The Minister of women affairs, Dame Pauline Tallen has appealed to mothers to call their children off the streets as she urged the youths to sheath their swords and give government a chance to address their demands.

This was contained in a press statement she personally signed.
In the statement, she expressed concern over the hijack of #Endsars protest by hoodlums with different intents.

She said: “As a mother, I am heart broken and I weep bitterly at the way innocent and young souls whose dream is to bring about justice in our land are sent to their early graves.

“I want to appeal to our teeming youths, men and women, to please sheath their swords and give Government time to address the issues.
“When things are not right, the citizens take to the streets. When the Citizens take to the Streets, the Government is bound to listen. This Government has listened and has heard your voices.”

She also appealed for calmness as she called for prayers for the nation.

“Mothers of the Nation, cradle nurturers, life givers, pain soothers, this period calls for calm, caution and prayers. Let us jointly arise to pray for our children and our great country Nigeria.

“As women, let us call our children off the streets as the situation is no longer safe. The pain and tears  of a mother no one knows nor feels the gravity, but only a Mother who has given life to that child.”

Tallen thanked the youths, for their statements and noted that it is a rebirth of a new order in Nigeria with the them at the front burner of affairs.
She however appealed for restraint to enable the government take appropriate decisions that could be used collectively or selectively in resolving the issues raised.

Continue Reading

Trending