Connect with us

Appointment

Disquiet over alleged crack between Gov Bello and deputy

Published

on

Spread the love

Disquiet over alleged crack between Gov Bello and deputy

The cold war between the Kogi state governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello and his deputy, Hon Simon Achuba, that had been on for months may be at the verge of becoming a public spectacle as things may be falling apart between the duo and the centre seems not to be holding any longer.

Achuba it was gathered had in the last seven months been facing untold hardship from deliberate effort to frustrate him out of office.
However, sources close to the Government said the Kogi number two citizen has been handling his ordeal with utmost maturity and trepidation as he remained unperturbed.

On Tuesday this week it was gathered that the sources of power to the deputy governor’s office, which was directly connectef to the dedicated line of the governor’s office has been disconnected.

Again, water supply into the office was also alleged to be epileptic, making him and his aids to be passing through hell using the office.

Sources also alleged that the salary of the deputy governor was last paid in February, while his wife’s salary was stopped the following month.

The development the sources, observed has made him to manage to appear in the office once in a while, as he reraly attend public functions in recent times.

Although, the embattled deputy governor had always put up an unruffled posture as if everything was well, never complaining publicly about the way he was being treated.
The sourse indicated that his travails had been on for many months.

Another copious indication that all may not be well with the deputy governor came to the fore on Monday when the administrator of his local government area of Ibaji, Hon Tom Offor, was allegelly removed without Achuba’s knowledge.

While the local government administrator was said to be holding an official function with the wife of the governor, Rashida Bello, in attendance in Ibaji, his removal was announced in the media.

It was further gathered that the deputy governor attempted to inquire from the governor about the removal of the chairman but the governor denied any knowledge of the development.

However the governor, in his reaction indicated that the relationship between him and his deputy had remained normal as they had been working together for the development of the state.

Bello, who spoke through his director general on media and publicity, Kingsley Fanwo, said the story of any crack between him and Achuba was a creation of mischief makers that wanted to capitalise on the current political environment in the state.

According to Fanwo, the deputy governor represented the governor at the swearing in ceremony of the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, saying he had been functioning without inhibitions.

He also described the removal of the Ibaji local government area administrator as a government routine, adding that the local government boss was only redeployed as Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Power.

According to him, the removal of the administrator of Ibaji on account of his funding the deputy governor was a ruse, saying it was not in the culture of administrators in the state to service individuals but the grassroots.

Achuba was appointed by Bello as a replacement for the deputy governorship candidate of the party in the 2015 election, Hon James Faleke, who refused to serve as deputy following the death of the governorship candidate, Abubakar Audu.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Appointment

Reps Committee says it will not hesitate to summon Buhari as Minister of Petroleum over alleged irregularities in NNPC

Published

on

By

Spread the love

By Aminci Audu

The House of Representatives Committee on Petroleum has said it will not hesitate to invite President Muhammadu Buhari to appear before it it as the Minister of Petroleum, should the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation,
(NNPC) fail to turn up to explain on some alleged irregularities

The committee gave the  NNPC two weeks ultimatum to appear and explain alleged on the alleged irregularities in the corporation

The ultimatum was issued by the chairman of the committee, Rep. Sarki Ada (APC-Sokoto) at a public hearing on Thursday, following the refusal of NNPC to honour invitations or reply to letters.
The committee chairman indicated that they have invited some oil companies; namely the NNPC, Addax Petroleum Company Ltd and Santex Nig Ltd, to appear before them and they have failed to show up

“We are giving them two weeks from today. We will reschedule this meeting for two weeks calendar days, to appear before the committee so we continue our business.
He said the committee will not hesitate to invite President Buhari to appear before it as the Minister of Petroleum, if they fail to turn up.
“Buhari is the minister, he appointed himself as approved by the parliament and he is doing his job; we will invite him, and I know as a law-abiding president, he will come.
“When he comes, Nigeria should know that it is because of the failure of the NNPC to appear that made him to appear before us,”he said.
Ada said that the committee had asked for relevant documents to investigate the activities of the NNPC, and the corporation had refused to oblige the committee.

“We have written three letters to them at an interval of three months each requesting for their budget performance and list of assets they are holding and managing on behalf of Nigerians.
“We asked for a list of their liabilities, what are the contracts they are executing, who are the contractors, the companies and what is the progress made.
“We have asked for details of how much they generate from the sales of crude oil produce, how much they are managing on behalf of Nigeria through other joint ventures, until today, there is no response.
“Time has come that we must speak, this country belongs to all of us, we are here as statutory Nigerians,” he said.
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Mr Timipre Sylva, promised to deliver the message of the committee to the NNPC.

Continue Reading

Appointment

IGP redeploys CP Abutu Yaro to Imo Command, 5 other CPs affected

Published

on

By

Spread the love

IGP redeploys CP Abutu Yaro to Imo Command, 5 other CPs affected

The Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has appointec CP Abutu Yaro, as the Imo State new Commissioner of Police (CP).
In a statement issued on Tuesday in Abuja by the Force Public Reations officer CP Frank Mba, he indicated that the posting of the new CP is in furtherance of efforts by the Police leadership towards strengthening security, tackling violent crimes and enhancing optimal coordination of policing operations within the State.
He said, CP Abutu Yaro, a fellow of the National Defence College and the immediate-past Commissioner of Police, Zamfara State Command, is an operationally-minded Cop.
“By this new development, Abutu Yaro takes over from CP Nasiru Mohammed who has been redeployed to Western Port Authority, Lagos.

He pointed out that the Zamfara State Police Command also has a new Commissioner of Police, CP Hussaini Rabiu.
Other Commissioners of Police affected by the new posting and redeployment he listed to include CP John Amadi, mni who has been posted from Western Port Authority, Lagos to Airport Police Command, Ikeja, Lagos; CP Anderson Bankole who is now in charge of the Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU), Ikoyi, Lagos; and CP Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu, posted to the Department of Finance and Administration (DFA), Force Headquarters, Abuja as the Commissioner of Police, DFA.  
 
The IGP, while charging the newly posted officers to bring to bear their professional experience in improving policing and restoring public confidence in their new places of assignment, assured citizens of the determination of the Force under his leadership to upscale its operations, improve public safety and tackle all forms of crimes in the country.

 

Continue Reading

Appointment

Ramadan: Zamfara gov donates food items to inmates

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Ramadan: Zamfara gov donates food items to inmates

Zamfara State Governor Bello Mohammed Matewalke has donated food items to inmates at the Gusau Correctional facility.

Represented by his Commissioner of Special Duties, Hon. Lawal Abubakar Zannan Badarawa the Governor gave the inmates 100 bags of rice, 100 bags of maize, 100 bags of millet and 100 bags of sugar.
The items were all handed over to the Deputy Comptroller Mr. Yunusa Ibrahim Ada.

Matawalle, according to a statement by his Director General, Media, Public Enlightment and Communications, Yusuf Idris Gusau, called on the inmates to consider their being in the facility as part of their destiny in life and for them to use their stay for sober reflection so that they will be good citizens that will contribute positively to societal growth.

He urged them to continue to pray for the peace and development of both the state and the nation, noting that people who are incacerated and consider their punishment as corrective, get their prayers answered easily by Allah.

He assured that his administration will continue to make the state better and conducive for more investors and economic growth which will bring more employment opportunities and eliminate criminalities.

Earlier in the day, the governor donated 170 bags each of sugar and assorted grains to the state’s Council of Chiefs as well as 300 bags of assorted grains to the Peoples Democratic Party state Working Committee all in the spirit of the Ramadan fast.

While at the Correctional facility, the Deputy Comptroller, DCC Yunusa Ibrahim Ada thanked the governor for the donation as he promised that the items will be judiciously utilized.
Ada who told the governor that both the wardens and the inmates have been praying for the governor especially in his drive to rid the state of criminal activities also said they will not relent in that direction.

Continue Reading

Trending