Connect with us

News

Kogi Dep Gov’s security aids restored after raising the alarm of danger to his life

Published

on

Spread the love

Kogi Dep Gov’s security aids restored after raising the alarm of danger to his life

The Kogi State Deputy Governor, Elder Simon Achuba has drawn the attention of the public to the fact that his security details earlier withdrawn by the Aid de Camp to the Kogi State Governor has been restored after the press conference he addressed two days earlier.
Achuba had raised alarm that his life, that of his family and his aids were in danger following the withdrawal of his ADC, police Orderly and other police aids on the eve of the election while he was set to travel to his village in Ibaji local Government.
There had been a crack in the relationship between Achuba and his principal Governor Yahaya Bello for sometimes now leading to non payment of his imprest and allawances for almost one year, even the source of power and water to his official residence had since been cut off.
In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Akor Sylvester and made available to newsmen in Lokoja yesterday, the Deputy Governor said his security details have been restored in full yesterday night and have since resumed duties.

He commended the Inspector General of Police and the Kogi State Commissioner of Police for their responses.

The Deputy Governor enjoined the Police State Command to monitor their subordinate officers they send to sensitive duty posts to guide them against being used for unlawful assignments that could tarnish the image of the police.

He also commended the Press for their courage and professionalism which principally assisted in getting the information out to the public.

The Deputy Governor promised to sustain good working relationship with the Press, stating that the media performs critical roles in the development of the society.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

How Govt’s House Lafia runs on almost 24hrs generator, by Gov Sule

Published

on

By

Spread the love

How Govt’s House Lafia runs on almost 24hrs generator, by Gov Sule

From Daniel Abel, Lafia

Nasarawa State Governor Abdullahi Sule, has expressed dismay over the epileptic power in the State that has even forced the Govetnment House, Lafia to be on 24hour generator.

This he said is occasioned by avoidable delays in the completion of the 330 KV power sub station in Akurba.
In his words,
“The Government House is on generator for almost 24 hours. It does not make sense, especially at a period like this when people should be saving.

The Governor expressed the displeasure shortly after inspecting progress of work at the site of the project, on Wednesday.

Engineer Sule was particular about the poor handling of the project by contractors, as he vowed to intervene by meeting with all parties concerned to achieve speedy completion of the project.

In a chat with journalists at the site of the project, the Governor lamented over the power situation, especially in Lafia, the state capital, where residents enjoy only 1-2 hours of electricity daily, with residents left to depend on generators for power.

“A state like Nasarawa should be saving money, not wasting money on diesel and then generating power from a source that is even unhealthy even to the human body,” he stated.

Continue Reading

National

Nigeria that fared well in the 60s, is now a shadow of its glorious past- Abaribe

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Nigeria that fared well in the 60s, is now a shadow of its glorious past- Abaribe

Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, on Monday, said Nigeria that was a shinning star in the 60s is now a shadow of its glorious past, now pushed further into a deep mess with ethnicity as as the supreme order.

Speaking at his official presentation of his autobiography “Made in Aba” in Abuja, the Abia Senator said Nigeria has continually regressed and the citizens were now reclining into their ethnic enclaves.

Abaribe noted that the country has regressed to the level that it would be difficult for any citizen to survive “if you don’t go to your ethnic enclave.”

He said: “I try to say a few things (in the book) that we might have forgotten. Why is it that we had a better life – we had pipe borne water, we had electricity 24 hours – in the 1960s?

“Now it is 50-60 years later, every person has to have borehole in his house. So he becomes his own NEPA generating power for himself; he becomes his own water board. Then I asked, why would life be like this? I tried to caption the reason why we are where we are today.

“I also tried to capture that there was a Nigeria, where it is said, in our former anthem, that though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand.”

He said in his early career life, he secured jobs and got promotions in places outside his southeast region only based on merit without anyone asking where he came from.

“Now, what we have done is that we have a big Nigeria that has continually regressed and now all of us are into our ethnic enclaves.

“And if you don’t go to your ethnic enclave, you won’t be able to survive in Nigeria today.

“In the book, I also look at the possibility of Nigeria that we may have assuming if each and everyone of us is committed to the country.”

Continue Reading

Metro

Zamfara government debunks reports that abducted students have regained freedom

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Zamfara government debunks reports that abducted students have regained freedom

Zamfara State Government has indicated that the over 300 Students kidnapped by Bandits are still in the den of their abductors.

Press Secretary to the Governor, Jamilu Magaji, debunked some online media reports that claimed the female students of Government Girls Science Secondary School, Jangebe have regained freedom.
He stated: “Governor Bello Matawalle and his aides have been been having sleepless nights since Friday when the girls were abducted by gunmen.

He said they have been working round the clock, making frantic efforts that will lead to the safe release of the victims.
He expressed dismay that that some persons, who do not know the details of the situation, will try to further hurt the victims’ parents, government and security by ridiculing the effort with falsehood.
“The state government will come immediately and happily inform the world as soon as the girls are released.”

Continue Reading

Trending