Connect with us

Top News

‘Mrs. Tinubu should tender unreserved apology to Melaye’

Published

on

Spread the love

Kogi Women during the protests

Kogi Women during the protests

‘Mrs. Tinubu should tender unreserved apology to Melaye’

In a seeming counter action to the alleged sponsored protests by some women in Lagos yesterday a group under the aegis of Kogi women have asked Senator Remi Tinubu to tender an unreserved apology to Senator Dino Melaye.
They queried the audacity of senate committee chairman on women affairs to sponsor protests over her alleged nasty attitude at the Senate that was short of required minimum regard for the menfolks.

In a press conference in Lokoja today, the spokesperson of the group Hon. Fumilayo Olumodeji said as women they were disappointed in Mrs Tinubu whom according to her holds the ace to speak for the women in the upper chamber, but has abdicated that onerous task for arrogance and pride.
The group demanded that the senator apologizes to Senator Melaye for calling him dog and a thug.

Olumodeji challenged the national leader of the All Progressive Congress, (APC) Senator Bola Tinubu to bring to demonstrate his highly acclaimed leadership prowess by cautioning his wife against the use of abusive language on a colleague.
She recalled that the same Senator had earlier embarrassed the Senate President and the Deputy Senate President on several occasions, lamenting on the fact that no body had been bold enough to caution her.
“The same woman also slapped Senator Rafiu Ibrahim from Kwara State, nobody asked her to apologize.
“The same woman deliberately sat on the Deputy Senate President seat to unnecessarily cause uproar and nobody demanded any apology from her” she said.
The spokesperson condemned the action of women who protested on behalf of Remi Tinubu wandering why they did not stage any protest when a woman was killed in Kano and another beheaded in Abuja recently in what could be term religious extremism.
According her “It was a shame on womanhood when we saw women in Lagos on Monday protesting on behalf of Remi with well printed placards as evidence that they were sponsored. Where were these people when other less privileged Nigerians woman were maimed.
The women who came in their thousands to the NUJ press center were all wearing T-shirts with inscriptions asking Remi Tinubu to apologize to Dino Melaye.
They recalled the campaign for ‘Bring back the Chibok school girls’ for which Dino was at the forefront but Remi was not sighted.
“We are proud of our Senator , we are in tune with his activities and we are strongly behind him. No amount of harassment , intimidation and threats can distract him from performing his legislative functions.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top News

FG declares its readiness to deploy 5G network after precautionary measures

Published

on

By

Spread the love

FG declares its readiness to deploy 5G network after precautionary measures

By Aminci Audu

The minister of communications and Digital Economy Isah Ali Pantami has declared that Nigeria is ready for 5th Generation Network (5G) as long as the major challenges are taken care of.

Pantami spoke yesterday, at a one day investigative hearing on the present status of 5G network organised by the joint Senate committee on communication, sScience and Technology, ICT and Cybercrime and Primary Healthcare and Communicable Diseases.

The minister in his presentation allayed the fear among Nigerians over the planned deployment of the network saying the Federal Government has taken all necessary precautions by investigating through research and trial on all issues raised.

He said “The position is that we are almost at the final stage. So now, Nigeria is ready for 5G as long as we address the major challenges.”

“We have not gotten there, wether we will deploy 5G but we are on track conducting research, investigations, engaging stakeholders and definitely if all issues are addressed, the executive will support the deployment of 5G in Nigeria.”

He noted that so far no negative impacts has been established from the research and trial carried both locally and at the international level. 

On the speculation that the 5G network escalated the COVID-19 he said there is no link between 5G and COVID-19.
“And there is no relationship between 5G and any desease. The only issue being raised usually is about radiation.  But people don’t realise that the radiation of 4G is more harmful than that of 5G. 
“The radiation of microwave oven at home is more harmful than that of the 5G. The radiation of even the smart phone itself is even more harmful that that of 5G

Continue Reading

Top News

SELF backs Sylva over choice of Saipem on Bonny NLNG Train 7 contract

Published

on

By

Spread the love

SELF backs Sylva over choice of Saipem on Bonny NLNG Train 7 contract

The South-south Emerging Leaders Forum (SELF) has faulted allegations of wrong doing leveled against the Minister of State for Petroleum Chief Timipre Sylva over the choice of Saipem, an Italian firm to handle the Bonny NLNG Train 7 contract.

SELF in a statement argued that the deal also endorsed by the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Local Content Board Engr. Simbi Wabote was in the best interest of the country.

SELF position was in response to an online publication which accused the duo of bribe taking running into millions of naira in the deal.

SELF warned the publisher of the medium , Mr Jackson Ude, to desist from blackmailing leaders of the South-south extraction in a bid to score political goals.

Urging the Publisher of the online medium to show proof his allegation, SELF noted: “We strongly condemn the allegation leveled by Pointblanknews.com and its sponsors, this is highly condemnable and viewed as a sponsored plot to instigate hate against the Minister and derail his concentrations.

“This is ridiculous and belittling of Jackson Ude, the face behind this blackmail for being petty to the ground level for publishing tissues of lies about the persons of Timipre Sylva and Simbi Wabote.

“Nigerians should not believe this and throw it into the dust bin. It’s incumbent on all well-meaning Nigerians to support the positive drive of Minister and collaborate with him, towards the actualization of the onerous task at stake.

“Although Jackson Ude and his medium Pointblanknews.com are criminally known for thriving in the business of blackmail, especially against the officeholders from the Niger Delta region. But this forum will henceforth resist this criminality by deploying all known instrumental of law to fight the faces behind these tissues of lies.

“This Forum is using this medium to warn the likes of Jackson Ude to stay away from Nigeria and the South-south most especially if they are not ready to turn a new leaf because the business of blackmail has long become outdated and unpopular.”

Continue Reading

Top News

Great relief as Kidnapped Punch reporter, Nnodim regains freedom

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Great relief as Kidnapped Punch reporter, Nnodim regains freedom


It was a great relief for journalists, family members, friends and well wishers when the news filtered in that the Punch Newspapers reporter, Victor Okechukwu Nnodim who was kidnapped from his residence in Kubwa, Bwari Area Council on Thursday has regained freedom.

He was released almost 48hours hours after his abduction alongside two other neighbours who were also abducted.
It was gathered early hours of Sunday that he has been released and in high spirits.

The media world was jolted by the news of his abduction, as many turned prayer warriors supplicating for his freedom without any harm

His abductors, NationaUpdate learnt later communicated with his elder sister who resides in Lagos demanding for N10 million.

At the time of this report it could not be ascertained if ransom was paid before he regained freedom, but colleagues made efforts to contributed money towards his release, when it became obvious that the kidnappers were bent on collecting ransom.

Continue Reading

Trending