Connect with us

National

NCFront lauds Nigerians for massive support

Published

on

Spread the love

NCFront lauds Nigerians for massive support

***Hails DSS for
Professionalism, Courtesy and Decorum

The newly launched pan Nigerian Consultative platform for Leaders of Conscience in Nigeria, NCFront has appreciated the massive support, loyalty and solidarity demonstrated by the Nigerian people towards its emerging political movement and for its national  leaders invited for interrogations by the Department of State Service, DSS on Monday

A statement issued by the NCFront and signed by its Head of Public Affairs Bureau, Dr Tanko Yunusa reads in part: “Indeed the Nigerian people have been awesome and incredible in their overwhelming embrace and massive support for the emergent agenda of the Front to rescue Nigeria and to create a new NIgeria that works for all. “So, NCFront is quite touched and moved to appreciate the unprecedented show of love and acceptance from Nigerians, young and old, male and female, home and abroad, haves and haves not.”

According to him, “following the appraisal of the briefings received from our Leaders who were with the DSS yesterday, we are quite obliged to acknowledge the reported courtesy, decorum and respect accorded our Leaders.”
He also acknowledged that the DSS Operatives who hosted them were said to have displayed high level professionalism in their conduct in treating both Rt Hon Ghali Umar Na’aba and Dr Obadiah Mailafia with utmost respect as senior and responsible Citizens of Nigeria.
“This decent conduct exhibited by the DSS is perceived by the NCFront as a positive sign of great things to happen in Nigeria

“The NCFront, while specifically reviewing the report of the meeting between our Leader, The Rt Hon Ghali Umar Na’aba and the Department of State Services (DSS) acknowledges the professionalism displayed by the DSS throughout the process of the interview, which shows that the DSS has since grown to become a respecter of human dignity.For us that was quite commendable.”
He said they are however, compelled as they proceed in our nationwide consultations to clarify that the term Self determination is a broad democratic word which does not connote dismemberment or balkanisation of a country.
“For the avoidance of doubt, self determination is a right or principle in which federating peoples within a country are allowed to democratically determine how they want to be governed within their own areas or units.

This he said should be without prejudice to relationship to other component units within a larger federal union of other indigenous units of peoples and it is usually applied to enhance peace and stability in a federal system

“Finally, the leadership of NCFront, following a painstaking and sincere dissection of recent developments, especially the public outing and general acceptance of the Front’s agenda and mission to redeem Nigeria, wishes to reaffirm our commitment and loyalty to the indefatigable leadership provided so far by our Joint Chairpersons and  Facilitators, The Rt Hon, Ghali Umar Na’aba and Prof Pat Utomi.

He said  their unequal sacrifices made so far to the historic mission rescuing Nigeria can not go without commendation.
“The NCFront salutes their steadfastness and courage and hereby pledge the unwavering commitment of the Front to standing by them until June 2021, when they shall be expected to hand over the baton to a substantive structure of our emerging mega party movement

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

FG to provide Solar home systems for 5m households

Published

on

By

Spread the love

FG to provide Solar home systems for 5m households 

Nigeria’s Minister of State for Power Jedy-Agba has disclosed that the country is set for a ‘bounce back’ programme in its green recovery initiative that will provide solar home systems to 5 million households

He spoke at a UK hosted Climate Change Conference Roundtable on Clean Power Transition on 11 January during a virtual visit to the UK on 10–12 January by United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres which he attended. 

The Minister added that off-grid power sources have become more competitive since the removal of fuel subsidies.

He stressed that Nigeria was taking steps to merge its energy access and energy transition plan. 
He acknowledged that the largest population without electricity globally resides within its borders, and identified financing as a major constraint to Nigeria’s clean and renewable energy transition plans. 
According to him, 

“With the help of the international community, we can improve the decentralized renewable energy market to create jobs, provide energy more quickly to those without access, and ensure that we maintain and eventually reduce our emission levels to achieve our net-zero objectives.

“As the COP26 Presidency, the UK Government is committed to supporting the Nigerian government to develop ambitious evidence-based plans to deliver on Nigeria’s own commitments ahead of the COP26 summit in Glasgow in November 2021. 
“The UK supported the solar sector in Nigeria with a £66m programme between 2014 and 2020 which  helped provide energy access to   5.5 million Nigerians since 2015.
He said the UK is delivering ongoing programmes to develop quality standards, financing and manufacturing arrangements for solar home systems.
“Many UK companies are also active in the solar home system market in Nigeria.
“The UK considers the licensing of mobile money to facilitate Pay As You Go arrangements for solar home systems a positive development.”

The United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres at the event challenged developed nations to fulfil their pledges to provide $100 billion annually for developing countries’ clean energy transition.
During the roundtable, the Foreign Secretary announced that the UK will pledge up to £38 million to the Climate Compatible Growth programme, supporting developing countries to accelerate their transition to clean energy while growing their economies.
“The UK is already moving to clean power faster than any major economy, and last year committed to protect at least 30 per cent of its land and ocean by 2030.
“Together these announcements address the two leading sources of global emissions – electricity generation and land use – and demonstrate the UK’s leadership in fighting climate change ahead of the COP26 summit in Glasgow in November.”

Continue Reading

National

Akpabio denies giving Attorney general $5m bribe over NDDC sole administrator

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Akpabio denies giving Attorney general $5m bribe over NDDC sole administrator

 
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio has denied paying $5 million bribe to the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami and others to secure the appointment of a Sole Administrator for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
This was contained in a statement that was issued in Abuja on Sunday by his chief press secretary Anietie Ekong
He described the claim as a piece of fake news.
The statement reads in part,
“We wish to state categorically that this is a piece of malicious concoction manufactured from the pit of hell by mischief -makers.
“It is a figment of the imagination of the author of the fake news. Senator Akpabio denies the story in its entirety. The authors of the fake news should be ready to back up their claim or face the full wrath of the law.
 
“The story is a desperate attempt by some unscrupulous bloggers to impugn the integrity of the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs and the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami as the claim is not only spurious but utterly ridiculous. 
According to him, in a suit number ABJ/CS/617/2020 filed by a Civil Society Organization, Forum for Accountability and Good Governance, at a Federal High Court in Abuja, Justice Ahmed Mohammed had granted an order restraining the Interim Management Committee of the NDDC from performing the functions of the board and accessing the Commission’s offices and files.
 
“The Order clearly listed the Managing Director Professor Kemebradikumo Pondei, Acting Executive Director of Projects Dr Cairo Ojougboh, Mrs Caroline Nagboh and Cecilia Akintomide as those restrained.
He said the Order also asked that “the most senior civil servant or administrator in the Commission be appointed” to take charge of the Commission.
 
“It was based on this order that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the elevation of the Acting Executive Director of Finance and Administration, Mr Effiong Akwa, being the most Senior Administrator to take over the headship of the NDDC as an Interim Administrator pending the completion of the Forensic Audit Exercise.
 
“It is therefore absurd for anyone to even imagine that the Honourable Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio would bribe the Attorney General before an Order of the Court is complied with as the purveyors of the fake news have stated. “
He therefore advised the general public to discountenance the piece of trash.
 
He said, “It is obvious that some persons who are scared of the ongoing forensic audit of the NDDC as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari are working tirelessly to scuttle the exercise by blackmailing the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio. 
“Their modus operandi is to churn out fake news in a bid to stop Senator Akpabio from sanitizing the NDDC.
“Otherwise, how can a responsible news website make such a grievous allegation without any shred of evidence to back up its claim.”
 
However, he restated the resolve of Senator Akpabio to continue to do the right thing as mandated by President Buhari adding that no amount of sponsored fake news and blackmail would deter him from achieving his mandate. “The Minister has the overwhelming support of the impoverished masses of the Niger Delta who have borne the brunt of underdevelopment of the region over the years.”
 
 

.

Continue Reading

National

NEF warns Nigerians against stoking religious war with unguarded statements

Published

on

By

Spread the love

NEF warns Nigerians against stoking religious war with unguarded statements

The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has asked Nigerians to watch and guard their statements so as to prevent any form of religious war in the country.
This was coming against the backdrop of inflammatory and inciting statements after the Christmas day sermon by fiery Bishop of Sokoto Catholic diocese leading to the issuance of a quit notice on the revered Bishop to leave Sokoto State.

NEF in a statement on Wednesday by its Director of Publicity and Advocacy, Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed warned that Nigeria should not be subjected to further difficult circumstances capable of imposing fear in the mind of citizens.

Baba-Ahmed who expressed worries about certain disturbing comments in the polity, therefore, warned those spreading explosive and inciting statements to check their ways and desist from such acts.

Continue Reading

Trending