Connect with us

Crime

Police rescues 6 year old minor after 12 months in solitary confinement in Kano

Published

on

Spread the love

Police rescues 6 year old minor after 12 months in solitary confinement in Kano

After 12 months in solitary confinement, the Kano State Police Command and human rights activists Saturday rescued a six-year-old minor.

The minor is been
locked up by his biological father.

Detectives from the police command and human rights activists stormed the sleepy quarter in Panshekara, Hanyin Fulani and rescued the boy.

The minor, who was identified as Umar Ubale, is an orphan left under the care of a stepmother since he lost his mum a couple of years ago.
He was allegedly locked up by his father to check what he called “manifestation of deviant traits”.
A human rights activist in Kano, Mr. Haruna Ayagi assisted the police with intelligence on the rights violations in the city.
Ayagi, at a session with journalists described the situation as embarrassingly touching
He said: “We were alerted by a good Samaritan. Upon completion of our Investigations, we informed the security agents to do the needful.”
Ayagi explained that the boy was subjected to forms of dehumanization while in captivity , adding “we uncovered a boy with a decaying skull arising from injury inflicted on him by his father. “
Ayagi, disclosed that “from our findings, the stepmother is complicit in the tragic drama of man’s inhumanity to man.
“We had since evacuated the boy to Murtala Mohammed Special Hospital for medical attention.
Police Spokesman in Kano, Mr Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa confirmed the incident.
Haruna, a Deputy Superintendent of Police said the boy’s father, Malam Ubale had been taken into custody while the stepmother is on the run.
He said the perpetrators will be brought to book.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Kogi State Police Command debunks reports that 18 Kano traders were Kidnapped in Kogi

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Kogi State Police Command debunks reports that 18 Kano traders were Kidnapped in Kogi

The Nigerian police Kogi State command has described as fake news reports that eighteen (18) traders from Kano travelling to Aba were kidnapped in Kogi State.

This was coming against the backdrop that the Market Traders Association of Nigeria (MATAN) had appealed to the Federal Government and security operatives to rescue its members, kidnapped along Okene-Auchi road in Kogi.
The President of the association, Alhaji Jamilu Abbas made the appeal in a statement in Abuja on Thursday.
He indicated that 27 traders of Kantin Kwari Textiles Market in Kano were reportedly kidnapped by gunmen on their way to Aba town in Abia State.
Abbas explained that the traders left Kano for Aba for their legitimate businesses before they were kindnapped after Okene town in Kogi state.
He said the kidnapped traders, were from Kofar Wambai, Sabongari markets and some from Zamfara who joined those from Kantinkwari for the trip.
In a swift reaction the Kogi State Police Command indicated that no such incident occurred any where in Kogi State.
In a press statement that was signed by the command public relations officer DSP William Ovye Aya said the news of the purported kidnap of the 18 Kano traders in Kogi State is fake and capable of misleading the public on the Security situation in the State.
“It is pertinent to let the public know that, the Kogi State Police Command in collaboration with other Security agencies is determined to guarantee the protection of lives and property in the State.
“The Commissioner of Police Ede Ayuba Ekpeji urges members of the Press as well as social media handlers to always find out the true nature of incident and its location before publishing the story so as not to misinform the general public and create mistrust among the good people of Kogi State and Nigeria in general.”


Continue Reading

Crime

Association appeals to FG, security operatives to rescue kidnapped traders in Kogi

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Association appeals to FG, security operatives to rescue kidnapped traders in Kogi

By Mustapha Sumaila

The Market Traders Association of Nigeria (MATAN) has appealed to the Federal Government and security operatives to rescue its members, kidnapped along Okene-Auchi road in Kogi.

The President of the association, Alhaji Jamilu Abbas made the appeal in a statement in Abuja on Thursday.

No fewer than 27 traders of Kantin Kwari Textiles Market in Kano were reportedly kidnapped by gunmen on their way to Aba town in Abia State.

Abbas explained that the traders left Kano for Aba for their legitimate businesses before they were kindnapped after Okene town in Kogi state.

He said the kidnapped traders, were from from Kofar Wambai, Sabongari markets and some from Zamfara who joined those from Kantinkwari for the trip.

“I am appealing to the government and security operatives to do everything possible to rescue our members unharmed.

“Though, the kidnappers have reached out to the families of the abductees demanding for N50 million ransom and they later came down to N27 million before they free all of them” he said (NAN)

Continue Reading

Crime

Anambra ex-commissioner’s family raises the alarm over his safety in kidnappers’ custody

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Anambra ex-commissioner’s family raises the alarm over his safety in kidnappers’ custody

The family of the former commissioner for Diaspora Affairs in Anambra State, Dr Christan Madubko, has raised the alarm over an alleged attack against him and his subsequent abduction by agents of the State Government.
They also called on the Federal Government and the international community to help save his life that is at the mercy of his abductors.

They alleged that he had become a soft target for attack and abduction over his disagreement with the state government on corruption related matters in the state.
This was contained in a statement that was signed by a member of the family, Dr. Justin Madubuko and issued in Abuja yesterday.
Dr. Madubuko indicated that his brother was kidnapped in the evening on  13/1/2020 in Awka by a team of gunmen suspected to be agents of the Anambra State Government. 

He claimed that the ex-Commissioner had tendered his resignation letter to the Governor alleging massive corruption in government just as he advised the Governor to rise up to the challenges of leadership and take charge of his government.

“The news of his resignation and information contained in the resignation document did not go down well with the Governor as the document tends to negate the integrity mantra of the state Governor and his party, APGA. 

“Although Dr Madubuko refused to speak to the media since the incidence of his resignation, information available to the media indicated that the Commissioner was whisked away to an unknown destination by unknown gunmen.

“We are using this medium to draw the attention of Nigerians and the international community to the ill treatment being meted out to the former commissioner.
“We are also asking the international community and well meaning individuals to prevail on the Anambra State Government to leave an innocent man that has served them sincerely,” ” Justin said.

“He served Governor Obiano government meritoriously and in no small measure worked for the significant increase in the State Internally Generated Revenue.

 “Madubuko had ran an internal battle with the agents of those very close to the seat of power in Awka on who controls the State revenue – the State Government or individuals

“A sitting Commissioner in Obiano’s cabinet who would not want his name in print revealed that Governor Obiano had on the 1st of June 2020 during an Executive Council Meeting at the Governor’s lodge, Amawbia warned Dr Madubuko to be careful because some men were already in search of him to be killed. 

“Few days later, the Governor redeployed Dr Madubuko to the Ministry of Diaspora Affairs claiming he acted to save the life of the Commissioner.

“As we pray for his release unharmed, we ask the Federal Government of Nigeria and the international community to intervene to save him,”Justin said.

He said it is the second time the former commissioner is being attacked, adding that he was first attacked in December last year in the state.

Continue Reading

Trending