Connect with us

National

We are not recruiting, SSS tells Nigerians

Published

on

Spread the love

We are not recruiting, SSS tells Nigerians

The State Security Service (SSS) has denounced rumours in the media that it was recruiting, even as it urged Nigerians to be wary of fraudulent persons or groups.

A statement by its spokesman, Tony Opuiyo in Abuja, yesterday said, “The attention of the State Security Service (SSS) has once again been drawn to the illegal activities of some fraudulent persons and groups who extort money from unsuspecting members of the public with a promise to employ them into the service.

“The service wishes to state for the umpteenth time that it is not currently employing. The public may note that in the event that the service begins recruiting, it does not charge money for that purpose.

“Members of the public are therefore, advised to be wary of these fraudulent persons and groups whose stock in trade has remained spreading falsehood and engaging in impersonation.

“The service further warns that it will, in accordance with the law, not hesitate to deal decisively with anyone caught in the act of impersonation. While efforts have been sustained at uncovering the network of the fraudsters, the public is enjoined to pass relevant information in this regard to the nearest service command,” the statement added.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

May God visit his wrath on all evil “leaders” exposed by #ENDSARS -Natasha Akpoti

Published

on

By

Spread the love

May God visit his wrath on all evil “leaders” exposed by #ENDSARS -Natasha Akpoti

As Kogi palliative warehouse was discovered at Kpata opposite Old Market in Lokoja Sinday the Social Democratic Party (SDP) Candidate in the State Governorship election, November last year, Natasha Akpoti has asked God to send his wrath on all evil leaders.

This was according to the comment she posted on her verified facebook wall.

She said it’s wickedness of the highest order for government to hoard food items from the poor in the depth of poverty and starvation. 

“May the wrath of God and the masses visit all ‘leaders’ whose evil tactics have been exposed in these #EndSARS times. 

“I know say my Kogi people no go disappoint … abeg pack and no forget to give some to your neighbours.” 

Continue Reading

National

Our problem with #ENDSARS protest was the hijack by miscreants says Buhari

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Our problem with #ENDSARS protest was the hijack by miscreants says Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has explained to former Heads of State and Presidents of Nigeria, that the initial genuine and well-intended protest of youths in parts of the country against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) was hijacked and misdirected.

In a virtual meeting with the former leaders, Buhari said he could not have folded his arms and allow miscreants and criminals continue to perpetrate acts of hooliganism in the country.
These were contained in a statement that was issued in Abuja Friday by his special adviser
(Media & Publicity) Femi Adesina
In the statement Buhari reeled out the initial concessions made by his administration on the demands of youths protesting against the excesses of some members of the SARS.

He recalled that the youths had demanded that the squad be disbanded, and further articulated the additional demands, including:

”The immediate release of all arrested protesters.

”Justice for deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families.

”Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation and prosecution of all reports of Police misconduct within 10 days.

”Psychological evaluation and re-training of all disbanded SARS officers before they can be re-deployed; and increase in Police salary.”

The President declared: ”We accepted all the demands and proceeded immediately to scrap SARS and started the process of addressing the other demands.

”Unfortunately, the protesters refused to call off the protest and engage the Government to address their grievances. Instead, they became emboldened and gradually turned violent.”

President Buhari expressed concern that in the mayhem that ensued, many lives were lost, while a number of public and private properties completely destroyed or vandalized.
The President reaffirmed that,

”We will continue to improve good governance through our democratic process including through sustained engagement.

”We shall also continue to ensure that liberty and freedom, as well as the fundamental rights of all citizens are protected. Here, I want to also reaffirm our commitment to preserving the unity of this country.”

He thanked the former Heads of State for attending the meeting and their invaluable comments, observations and advice, adding that ”Nigerians expect nothing less from responsible statesmen.”

Each of the former leaders commended President Buhari for steps taken so far to restore calm and order to the country and also applauded the presidential broadcast of Thursday as detailed and soothing to the country.

”I commend the speech of last night. The nation had been waiting. You made points that I believe need to be commended. Peaceful demonstration is part of democratic practice. The demands of the genuine protesters were accepted, and you are working on implementation. We commend you,” former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, said.

The former heads of state were unanimous in their view that generation of employment and growing the economy including through direct foreign investments were critical to checking youth restiveness.

They also expressed their condolences to the bereaved families of civilians, policemen and soldiers killed as a result of the violent protest, and reaffirmed the commitment to respect the fundamental rights of citizens, including for peaceful protest as enshrined in the Constitution.

The former Heads of State also condemned the divisive and inciting pronouncements of separatists, and were of the opinion that such acts should be stopped.

Equally, the former Leaders commended the actions taken by Governors to address the demands of the ENDSARS protesters and their efforts to check the excesses of those who perpetrated violent acts and conduct.

Finally, they called on youths to pursue peaceful means, in seeking redress through engagement with Government and encouraged further conversation with the youths and other stakeholders in the country.
At the meeting were all living past leaders, including: Gen. Yakubu Gowon, President Olusegun Obasanjo, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, Chief Ernest Shonekan, Gen. Abulsalami Abubakar, and former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Continue Reading

National

Lekki Killings: No Country aspires to defeat Its People – Jonathan 

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Lekki Killings: No Country aspires to defeat Its People – Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has reminded Nigerian authorities that no nation can win any war target against it’s own citizens as he reiterated the need or peace
He spoke while condemning the killing of #EndSARS protesters by military men at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos on Tuesday.
The former president in a statement released on Friday, indicated that the use of deadly force against citizens only worsens the tensed situation while condoling with the families of victims who lost their lives.
“My deepest condolences to the families of young Nigerians who have lost their lives in the past few days as a result of End SARS protests.
“I pray that God grants them the fortitude they need at this difficult time.
“I would Like to let everyone know that nation-building is a collective task which involves the genuine efforts of all patriotic citizens whether old or young.
“Our country cannot afford to lose the lives of our youth who we look up to take over leadership and continue our nation’s journey to greatness.
“As leaders, we must also understand that a nation can never win a battle against its own people.
“Thus, I totally condemn the use of deadly force against citizens because this only worsens tense situations.
“We must therefore move away from battlegrounds to middle grounds in our individual and national life.
This, I believe, show like cases the essence of democracy.
“I condemn any unnecessary loss of life and urge efforts to be stepped up to ensure that such incidents do not re-occur. “Finally, we all must accept that we are all brothers and sisters of one Nigeria, and always act accordingly towards each other,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending